About Church House
Church House is based in High Barnet (also known as Chipping Barnet) and is a popular venue for a variety of different activities and functions.
With two halls and two kitchens, our facilities are suitable for wedding receptions, meetings, market research, children's parties (12s and under), children's groups, Brownies, dancing groups, keep-fit classes, yoga, badminton, and theatre groups.
We are a registered charity (Registered Charity No. 212825) and operate as a not-for-profit organisation.
A Brief History of Church House
Church House first opened in 1907. Throughout its history, Church House has been used for a number of different functions. In the 1920s it was regularly used by Church organisations, Guild bell ringers, Mother's Unions, Ladies Working Parties, among others. Dances were also very popular during this period. In the 1930s it was the venue of a trader's fete.
Over the years the building has been the home to Barnet Library; it has been used by the military during the Second World War; and it has also been used by The Day Continuation School and the Roman Catholic school as a place where pupils could receive their school meals.
In 1989, the quality and design of Church House merited that it be designated a building of architectural interest by the then Department of the Environment.
Click here to find out more about the building's history...